Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I took two clients out today. DF again to the dentist for 9.30 and KM out this afternoon for shopping again. DF was prattling away and I was neither pretending to, nor trying to listen to his interminable mumbling, when I suddenly hear him repeating over and over, "Are you listening to me?". I told him I was not, but that didn't stop his incomprehensible stream of consciousness all the way there and all the way back. Still I am fond of the old buzzard, although in years he is younger than I am. KM, on the other hand, is very easy to understand, humorous and a little paranoid. We sat in the Eaton Centre at the foot of the escalators watching all the people who weren't us. I had spilled half my lunch down my front and he looked pretty trampy too, which made us sort of invisible in that huge mecca to shopping. I guided him successfully to Converse All Stars and Adidas tee- shirts and he stayed with me until I found exactly what I had hoped to buy in underpants at Sears. He left me on the corner of Yonge and Dundas, I took the streetcar back and later met him in Allen Gardens on my way to the streetcar home. Despite his little paranoid obsessions, I like him. He now always asks for me to go shopping with him.









No comments: