Sunday, March 30, 2008


















We took the metro to Bastille where the track overlooks the end of a broad canal, Got lost at Republique where I also bent my glasses and lost a glove, which I went back to recover and eventually got back to the flat flat broke. Some worry that we would not be able to find a bank. We walked down the Avenue de la Republique, were relieved to get money from my account wandered around through a kind of student section and finally settled on a tourist trap called Bistro du Parisien, (25 Rue moret). At first we were the only people there, but it turned out to be expensive and fantastic. I had raw tuna and lotte in a cream and butter sauce which was delicious. Cathy had a hot salad plate, a tender, tender steak and wine. We were very, very happy as you can see....

No comments: