Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Various bloggers







Home from the hospital at last. Yesterday I eventually had the catheterisation which essentially dicovered that there was nothing seriously wrong with my heart and this morning the nice resident Karen T told me they suspected the very thing I had suggested to Cathy last Wednesday, namely that my heart gets short of oxygen when I get apnea and hurts like hell at first but then gets oxygen and hurts less and less. Still, I really enjoyed the rest and got into the drama of possibly dying and remaining dispassionate about it. I've decided to open up more in this blog since so few people read them anyway.

3 comments:

Milk Freak said...

Wow...you live and try to die in a much more exciting way than I. thank you for your comments. I have been hold up in a little country town in Georgia for the last couple of weeks. Family and friends the agenda. Glad to hear the solution to your problem was a fuller understanding of your condition and not the end...

Milk Freak said...

As of this last week I am officially weening myself off the medication that is supposed to keep my bi-polar under control. I simply can no longer ignore the side effects and feel good about what each of them is doing to my body. I am sure I will end up doing something tragic and perhaps start chasing my tail! Who knows, I may be off to my next big adventure. Wish me luck!

marc aurel said...

This is possibly what has helped us understand each other.I am also bi-polar. I have been for years, but during one fairly awful crisis in 95 I was hospitalised in a veteran's hospital for a month. (I am not a veteran, but it had a really good psych ward). They gave me a mild anti-psychotic and Valproic Acid, both of which basically saved me and I have never stopped taking them. Now I am a relatively normal "consumer survivor" and indeed my psychiatric background definitely helps me in my work. Long before 95, I was crazy another time and was given Lithium, to which I was horribly reactive and the whole drug therapy experience was painful for months on end. Best of luck and fortune to you. Keep me posted.