Saturday, March 29, 2008











These were the views from our room at the Hotel Welcome. Apart from the noisiness of the doors we were very happy there.. On Saturday I had a very welcome bath. The breakfasts were brisk, but very good.





















Another rest and then out To dinner at Le Coq Rouge, a luxury meal of veal and cheese paid for by my brother Gareth, who arrived late, being held up by snow in the mountains. Everyone was commenting on the weather, but the almost constant snow made everything strangely romantic, or perhaps it was just my jet lag.

On the way to the restaurant John Groves was very welcoming and lent me one of his two umbrellas, at one point I swerved over a mound of snow and could have easily tumbled over a two foot fence into the pretty but very cold river which dissected the town.

No comments: