Tuesday, January 13, 2009

If I lived on a desert island, and could only watch one film featuring each of the following stars, these are the films I would chose....

Cary Grant, Arsenic And Old Lace

James Stewart, The Man Who Knew Too Much

Humphrey Bogart, The Maltese Falcon (This meme was invented for that answer)

Audrey Hepburn, Sabrina

Bing Crosby, High Society

Katherine Hepburn, Bringing Up Baby

Marlene Dietrich, Witness for the Prosecution

Clarke Gable, It happened One Night

And, if I could add one more star and film of my own choice it would be:

Ingrid Bergman. Casablanca

Pass it on, choosing films for the stars listed , plus one of your own....

6 comments:

marc aurel said...

Writing memes is difficult.

Tess Kincaid said...

Yes, you HAD to add Ingrid Bergman. Had to.

marc aurel said...

willow. Your list of interviewees is turning out to be a list of "blogs to follow" of note.

French Fancy... said...

All good classics but my favourite 'black and white' star Is Garbo.Simply sublime.

I agree with most of yours but for me the best 'Audrey' film is Roman Holiday.

marc aurel said...

Apart from Ninotchka I associate Garbo with an earlier time, and apart from Ninotchka, I'm not sure that she would comfort me on my desert island. I did think I might snag Roman Holiday with Gregory Peck.

Rob said...

Cool idea. Tough choices, especially for Cary Grant as my favorite is To Catch a Thief.

Cary Grant: Operation Petticoat - it's an island thing

James Stewart: It's a wonderful Life - I know, cliche

Humphrey Bogart: African Queen

Audrey Hepburn: Roman Holiday

Bing Crosby: High Society

Katherine Hepburn: Bringing Up Baby

Marlene Dietrich: Moroccon

Clarke Gable: Mutiny on the Bounty

Ingrid Bergman: Casablanca

And, if I could add one more star and film of my own choice it would be:

Lauren Bacall: The Big Sleep

Pass it on, choosing films for the stars listed , plus one of your own....