Monday, September 8, 2008



I'd like to spend about half an hour here all alone. 5000 years ago the area now covered by the Sahara was one of very fertile vegetation. What happened to the peoples who must have lived there then? If I was there for any length of time, would I be driven mad by insects?. I'll just imagine I could go there without insects and with friendly air conditioning after half an hour. Would my feet burn if I was in my flip-flops? The image reminded me that I dreamed last night of Sarah, my friend from university. I woke up and realised with sadness that I would never talk to her again as she died about ten years ago.

2 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

I don't think I'd want to be walking in that sand in my flip flops!

Sorry to hear about your collge friend.

marc aurel said...

No, me neither , but how do the Tuareg protect their feet?

Thanks. I have not kept up with them, but I miss all my old friends from England. Then when I learn of their deaths, often long after, the loss seems even greater.