Looks like we've got it. Approved for a mortgage today at 4%. Very nervous that all of us won't each have our own spaces although at 1800 square feet, there is lots of space. Excited.
Here For The Day
-
This week, our weekly picture-postcard puzzle takes us to the United
States. It is April 1906, and the writer simply tells us that his hand is
still imp...
The Downstairs Girl by Stacey Lee
-
Stacey Lee is one of my favorite authors because she imagines vibrant
characters to recreate the forgotten chapters of American history. Her
latest young...
Monday, September 10
-
Monday morning bright and early: time to go On Vacation ! Would have gone
on the weekend, but the Card Player and I had card playing to do so we
stuck aro...
Reflections, Regrets and Resolutions... Hello 2019!
-
Here is to a BETTER year! It seems as one year ends and another begins,
that we, as humans in the western hemisphere, take stock of the outgoing
and assess...
-
January.
Gorgeous glittering snow.
Citrus season.
Sharp bright air.
Sharp bright and just sweet enough
fresh oranges, grapefruit, limes.
The Cara Cara orange...
Don't Mess With Tradtion
-
My family goes for a very traditional Thanksgiving - turkey with all the
trimmings. However, they aren't picky about how the "trimmings" are
prepared. Th...
Cenotaph
-
This place marks
a superb spot,
where everyone expects
me to reside,
to germinate undisturbed,
dispassionate, deep.
They do not know
it is an empty...
:: forever and ever ::
-
hello dear friends, if anyone is out there still...thank you dearly for
reading...so much catching up to do, my poor blog. but this happened last
weeke...
Weird
-
Most students of English are familiar with the "i before e, except after
c" mnemonic rule of thumb. If one is unsure whether a word is spelled
with t...
Postscript One
-
Except for the weather, and its aftermath, life seems to have slowed down
to a crawl for us, my husband and me, until last Thanksgiving. Thanks to
the In...
¿Inspiración?
-
Lo primero que me ha venido a la mente al ver esta fotografía de Grace
Kelly de los 50’s ha sido la similitud con uno de los diseños de Raf Simons
para la ...
Neurotic mothers
-
I doubt I am alone in being a neurotic mother, but I felt I had to confess,
because my babies are now grown-ups, so it's not like I can do something
simple...
New Blog
-
I'm leaving Blogger and Google and moving to a new site. I'll keep this
blog up for as an archive. But this is the last post I'm making here. You
can find ...
Move Over, Ronnie Burkett
-
Mention shadow puppets and most people think of making rabbit or cock
shadows with their hands during an overhead presentation in primary school.
But sit...
TheSartorialist.com RSS Feed
-
Hi guys,
Thanks so much for the feedback. It’s been great seeing the response and
really hearing about how people use the site.
One thing we’ve been getti...
Lancashire, where women die of love.
-
I'm currently reading a book with this implausible title, by Charles Nevin.
It's a wryly entertaining love letter to the county where, like me, Charles
was...
Happy New 2011
-
Wishing everyone a peaceful and productive year ahead.
Speaking of productive times, I am writing. Actually writing. This is
thanks to many writing websit...
Ultima Lezione.
-
*Ti ricordi? Eravamo turisti con poche parole?*
Do you remember?We were tourists with few words?
* L'abbraccio nel vicolo?* The hug in the alley?
*...
I really do mean to write but it ain't gonna happen
-
I know there's been nothing public here for six months, but I'm here every
day and I often start posts. Most of them just get deleted and a few of
them are...
A Makeovah
-
Yes, I did spend my entire summer in Los Angeles. Yes, it was incredible.
No, I didn't blog about it, and here's why: I BARELY HAD TIME TO EVEN EAT.
Serio...
No comments:
Post a Comment