Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Another day at work. I took ET to Casey House in the rain a few weeks ago, maybe a month, maybe less. We talked and I may have written about it here. He obviously knew he was dying. But he died Sunday, way too soon. I won't be able to go to the funeral as I am training tomorrow. I offered to go with Tom, his councillor as I sometimes have in the past. He does not like the funerals so much, whereas I sometimes welcome the chance to grieve a little and ruminate on life and death a little.

I found some interesting reviews on attitudes to alcoholism on wikipedia this afternoon. It made me think of a furious argument I got into at the Henfield party, the summer before last about how to treat alcoholics. Neither of us gave an inch or won the argument, but it bothered me for some time and led up to my mini crisis at work. Now I think we were both right for the groups we work with

No comments: