Wednesday, May 20, 2009


On my way home, I had a huge urge to gorge myself on salty deep fried food. I felt quite virtuous therefor when I settled for a small fries from MacDonald's. I got home and drank about a gallon of apple juice. I was in hospital last year and several doctors remarked to me that I would have to lose weight. They would say this as I lay there expecting a heart attack at any moment and I promised myself that , if I survived, I would exercise regularly and eat less. I weighed 264 pounds. When I was younger, I mean twenty years ago, I weighed about 180. I was determined, lying there being very brave and philosophical about possible imminent death, that I would first get to 220 and then gradually back to 200.
I'd read somewhere that it was not good to lose weight fast. So I didn't. Still, this is a year later and I've only lost fourteen pounds. I joined an exercise club, but I don't go very often. I'm a lazy slob and likely to die younger for it, but I am enjoying my life this way far too much to stop.

4 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

I'm a bit on the lazy side, too. I hate to sweat. I love to eat.

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh no. You don't want to lose your mobility and your vitality. On top of it you might end up with Type 2 Diabetes because excess weight and cholesterol bring that disease, as well as vascular problems. In short, a couple of meals too many and you can't go back to healthy anymore.

AphotoAday said...

I don't know too much about this, but I don't think Buddha worried too much about his weight...

Hey, by the way, Marc, a while back you let it slip out that Marc Aurel was not your real name, and another time you let it slip that you had been a child actor... (I may have just dreampt these facts up, but I don't think so...) Anyway -- I've got it all figured out that you were Whitey Whitney on Leave It To Beaver -- what do I win if I guess right?

Soooooo, Mr. Marc Aurel, who are you, anyway?

marc aurel said...

I wish I had been on "Leave it to Beaver" as a child. I think I am too old. Actually I was an adult before I was an actor, (although not an adult film actor). I may have been boasting about being child like. Buddha, incidentally, died of over-eating or after a very large meal. His life is mainly interesting myth anyway....