Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Click to enlarge this desolate dam in Tasmania. When I was eleven I found some Nevil Shute paperbacks lying around. I thought Tasmania was the most romantic, exotic and remote place on Earth. I was going to grow up to be a bush pilot in Australia. I still have a thing about Aussies, in fact I devote a whole blog just so as to list their blogs. In the early days of the Internet, I had an Australian friend. We met in a virtual Irish pub funded by the Irish Tourist Board. Later we wrote each other for a while. Unlike a lot of Brits, I love the Australian accents. My wife has a thing about Australia too. Maybe we'll live there for a while when we retire.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Come on down, we would love to have you. :D

marc aurel said...

That's another thing. Australians are so darned welcoming!