New year's meme
Friday, January 01, 2010
New meme New year's meme
(I have printed it below to make it easier to copy).
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Gotten old age half price on the Go train.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not close, but several clients.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 20th(?). My wife and brother shared a birthday party in a tent in Sussex.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Successfully auditioning for a play.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Slipping into a hint of hypo mania.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
As above, too many colds,recurring ingrown toenail.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
An expensive pillow on sale.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Prime minister Harper.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Something from La Traviata. I listened so much to it on my MP3 player.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken the streetcar instead of the train.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Just Cathy and the kids. Wonderful. Four very relaxing days off.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I stayed in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Amazing Race.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Northern Lights. (Just about the only book I finished)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Diana Panton and Sarasate.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
My own text accepted in the New Ideas Festival.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Thai food ordered in. 64.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I like my work clothes.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Afghanistan. What, on earth are we doing over there?
35. Who did you miss?
My Dad more and more.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
You can meditate your way out of turmoil.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
A long time ago, a million years BC,
The best things in life were absolutely free.
God is still having a laugh at my expense - I really don't know why this sort of thing always seems to happen to me. I am not going to claim for loss of earnings by spending three days in Bristol C...
2 minutes ago